Active holiday for everyone
If you are new to this area and do not have any experience (read our useful tips) the first thing that comes to your mind when someone mentions sailing is that it is dangerous, too adventurous, uncomfortable and expensive. Nothing of the above describes sailing holiday. Holiday on a rented sailboats is far away from these stereotypes. Sailing in Croatia will offer you the best and richest experience. The Adriatic coast is a rugged coastline that has favorable winds, custom-developed infrastructure for all requirements of modern sailors and additional facilities which will fill your holiday.
Before you definitely reject the idea of sailing as active holiday, here are a few reasons that will confute your prejudices
1. Everyone, absolutely everyone can sail. There are very few limitations, mainly health reasons, which exclude sailing. All others such as seasickness or rather the fear of seasickness is not a reason for refusal of sailing. From small baby that literally enjoys swaying of the boat to the elderly who feel young enough to have an active holiday.
2. For a sailing holiday it is not necessary to know how to sail. It would be great if someone from the crew knows at least some of the basics, but it is not necessary. Officially what you need to rent sailboat is skipper’s license, but that licence as the paper is not a guarantee that you are able to manage the sailboat. If you don’t have any experience with sailing you can always rent a skipper. Each charter company will submit an experienced skipper with whom you will feel safe and with whom you will gain specific skills if you want.
3. Sailing is not expensive. Compared with hotel and apartment accommodation sailing is not so expensive, but the experience you will get is several times higher. Prices of sailing boats in Croatia vary according to the seasons. It is common that the prices for pre-season (April – June) and post-season (September – November) are more favorable than the mid-season (July – August), but that is the same with other accommodations type. The difference is that with the boat on its journey you visited more places and experienced something what on the land would never be able, like the morning sunrise and dolphins in the Kornati.
4. Sailing with young children have no difficulties. In fact, children most of all enjoy on these trips. They are relaxed, eager research, enjoying all the activities on the boat and responsibly accept all the tasks given to them by the skipper. In this way, children see themselves as an important member of the crew and try to fulfill all the tasks. The best thing you can give your children is this kind of active holiday where your children learn much more than they would if you were located on the mainland.
5. Today’s sailboats provide comfort what some do not have even at home. Sailing boats which you can rent in Croatia are equipped with equipment and accessories adapted to all the needs and skills of the crew. Almost all boats for rent are standard equipment which first includes all the necessary equipment for navigation, safety equipment, and then finally the equipment that lets you during your vacation, you can enjoy nature and activities.
Check for last minute deals or find the best sailboat where you can relax and enjoy your holiday.
Once you realize that you could spend your next vacation on the boat we advise you to choose the less demanding route. Zadar and Sibenik archipelago is an ideal destination for your first sailing holiday. The reasons for this is more. First, these routes provide you enough flexibility because the length of sailing route is short. In addition to being rich archipelago with numerous islands and has a lot of villages, harbors, restaurants, beaches … In this area, if you move just 10 miles a day (that’s less than 3 hours of sailing in any conditions) you can still reach famous Kornati that should not be missed as well as Dugi otok, Molat, Iž, Žirje, Kaprije, Zlarin … In general, the islands offer far more than the mainland, but they are the meaning of sailing.
For route planning and selection of the ideal vessel we will give you all the necessary advice and organize sailing dream just for you.